The Alternate Numbers feature allows multiple phone numbers to ring into the same phone with different ring tones to distinguish what lines are being called. All that is required is the extra phone number(s). New stations or lines are not required.
Before the Alternate Numbers feature can be used, the following conditions must be met:
- User must be created. See this guide for steps on how to Create a User.
- The Webex Calling user must have at least two telephone numbers assigned. See this guide for steps on how to Add a Number to a User.
Adding Alternate Numbers
- From Control Hub, go to the Users tab.
- Select the user you would like to modify, and the pop-up will appear on the right.
- Select Calling.
- Then select Add Number.
- Select a phone number from the drop-down menu, input an extension and select Save. If a number is already assigned to the user, any additional numbers added to the user will be added as an alternate number. Up to 10 additional numbers can be added to a user.
Configuring Alternate Numbers
- Once the alternate number is assigned to the user, you can configure it to have a distinctive ring pattern. This feature is managed in the Calling Admin Portal. Select Edit next to User Settings.
- The Calling Admin Portal will open on the Edit User page. Select User Assignments from the left-hand navigation.
- To activate the distinctive ring feature, check the box next to Use distinctive ringing. This allows the user to audibly differentiate calls coming in from particular numbers.
- Choose the Ring Pattern option from the drop-down list for each number if you would like different ring patterns for each alternate number.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Copyright© 2018 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.